Renault Kwid Summary
The Renault Kwid is available in four variant options – RXL, RXL (O), RTX, Climber, and Climber (O).
The updated model was introduced in India in September 2015.
Engine and Specifications
Engine options for the Kwid facelift include a 0.8-litre, three-cylinder petrol motor and a 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol motor. The former is tuned to produce 53bhp and 72Nm while the latter puts out 67bhp and 91Nm. Transmission options will include a five-speed manual gearbox and an AMT unit.
Exterior highlights of the Renault Kwid facelift include a new front bumper, split headlamp setup, LED DRLs, new three-slat grille, contrast coloured ORVMs, C-shaped LED light guides and an integrated roof spoiler.
inside, the model comes equipped with an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and Voice recognition; piano black centre console, fully digital LED instrument cluster and reverse parking camera with guidelines.
The facelifted Renault Kwid receives safety features in the form of dual airbags, ABS with EBD, a speed alert system, reverse parking sensors and seatbelt reminders for driver and co-driver.
The Renault Kwid can accommodate five occupants.
The Renault Kwid competes against the likes of the Maruti Suzuki S-Presso, Hyundai Santro, Datsun GO, and Maruti Suzuki Alto.
Renault Kwid Price
Renault Kwid’s price starts at ₹ 4.62 Lakh and goes up to ₹ 6.06 Lakh (Avg. ex-showroom). Kwid comes in 10 variants. Kwid top model price in petrol is ₹ 6.06 Lakh. Whereas the price of the Kwid automatic version starts from ₹ 5.74 Lakh.
- Striking design – Great exterior detailing, SUV stance and tall ground clearance
2. Easy to drive – Armed with a light steering/clutch, reasonably smooth gear shifter
3. Absorbent ride quality – Equipped with long-travel shock absorbers tuned to be soft
4. Compact footprint – Tight overall dimensions help with constraints to park/navigate
5. Powertrain options – Two small capacity frugal motors with manual/AMT gearboxes